As convenient as it’d be to use the same password on all of your accounts forever, doing so would be an incredible security risk . The fact is, you need to change your passwords frequently in order to keep yourself safe.
Changing a password can be a pain because then you have to go and login to any places you use that account, and nowhere is that more true than with you Gmail account.
If you use Windows 10’s Mail app for keep up with your email, and you change your Gmail password for security reasons, here’s how to update your password in it so you can keep getting your mail.
- Click your Gmail account from the home screen.
- Click Fix account on the “Your Gmail account settings are out of date” box that pops up (it’ll take a few seconds, as it will attempt to connect to your account).
- Login with your Gmail account information on the screen that opens.
- Click Allow.
If the “Your Gmail account settings are out of date” popup doesn’t open, you’ll need to do the following:
- Right-click your Gmail account.
- Click Account Settings.
- Click Delete Account.
- Add your account as you did when you first set it up.
Now, your Gmail account will start syncing again, and you’ll get your mail on time!
Do you use Windows 10’s Mail app, or do you have another Windows mail program to recommend? Share in the comments!
Image Credit: hanss via ShutterStock