How to Uninstall Groove Music on a Windows 10 PC
At some point, Microsoft picked up the annoying habit of installing stuff on computer that users don’t want. At first it was minor things like apps in the Accessories folder, but at some point, it escalated into installing entire operating systems (i.e. Windows 10).
Well, today, we’re going to reel it back a bit and talk about Groove Music, another one of those apps that kind of appeared on Windows 10. It’s actually a pretty decent music player , but if you want to get rid of it, here’s how.
Before you get started, make sure Groove Music isn’t running.
- Launch Powershell with admin right by typing “Powershell” into Windows search, right clicking it, and selecting Run as Administrator.
- Type Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers and press Enter.
- Scroll down to the following: Name : Microsoft.ZuneMusic
- Select the text under the section PackageFullName (should be something like Microsoft.ZuneMusic_3.6.22051.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe), and press CTRL-C to copy it.
- Now enter the following: remove-AppxPackage PackageFullName (replace PackageFullName with the text you copies in the last step).
- Press Enter to execute the command and remove Groove Music.
That’s it, if you follow the steps above, you’ll be able to get rid of Groove Music quickly and easily!
Do you have any Microsoft default apps you want to get rid of? Let us know in the comments!
Image Credit: VectorsMarket via ShutterStock
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.