How to Toggle Adaptive Brightness in Windows 10
Adaptive brightness is one of those “love it or hate it” features in Windows 10. As the name suggests, this feature changes your screen brightness depending on the level of ambient light around you.
Indeed, your screen brightness should match the ambient lighting around you in order to reduce eye strain and fatigue . And since laptops and tablets are so portable, adaptive brightness can be really convenient.
Here’s how to turn this feature on or off:
- In the Start Menu, search for Power Options.
- For the selected power plan, click Change plan settings.
- Click Change advanced power settings.
- Scroll down and expand the Display option.
- Expand the Enable adaptive brightness option.
- Change the setting to Off or On.
- Click OK.
Adaptive brightness isn’t supported on all monitors. For desktops, we prefer using a program like F.lux which changes the screen color temperature rather than the screen brightness. This can actually help you sleep better at night !
Do you use adaptive brightness? Or is it too much of a nuisance? Let us know in the comments below!