Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Spotify is one of the best music streaming services currently available, especially if you want to listen on your phone. And despite competitors popping up every so often, Spotify Premium still offers the most bang for your buck.
My favorite thing about Spotify is that it’s perfect for discovering new music that you’ll love and part of that comes from its search engine. Indeed, there’s a good chance you aren’t even using Spotify correctly!
You know how search engines like Google let you modify your searches with certain filters to refine the results you get? Spotify lets you do something similar to help refine your music searches.
Here are the five most commonly used filters to know about. Don’t include the square brackets in your search:
- artist:”[name]” searches all tracks by the given artist.
- track:”[title]” searches all tracks that include the given query in some way, shape, or form.
- album:”[name]” searches all albums that include the given query in some way, shape, or form.
- year:[####] searches only tracks and albums that were released in that year.
- genre:”[name]” searches only tracks that belong to the given genre.
How often do you use the search feature of Spotify? Have you found these advanced search filters helpful? Let us know your thoughts below!