How to Get Rid of the Tab Preview Feature in Edge
Does the tab preview feature that was added to the Edge browser annoy you? While the feature it meant to be a convenience by allowing you to mouse over a tab and see what’s there, it’s a change and one you may not want.
Don’t worry, though, because with a little bit of registry tweaking , you can get rid of the feature and make Edge function just like it used to!
- Type regedit into the Windows search box and press Yes on the security dialog
- Navigate to the following key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ Classes \ Local Settings \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ AppContainer \ Storage \ microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe \ MicrosoftEdge \ TabbedBrowsing
- Right-click an empty area on the right side of the window.
- Click New.
- Click DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Name it TabPeekEnabled.
- Double click the new entry and type 0 into the Value data field.
- Close and relaunch Edge.
That’s it! Now, that feature will be gone! If you change your mind and want it back, go to the entry you created above and change its value to 1.
What do you think of the features added to Edge in the Anniversary Update? Share in the comments!
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.