How to Disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10 Pro
In the latest update for Windows 10 Pro , Microsoft has made a change that could be quite annoying to anyone working with a large amount of computers connected to a local network. It has made it so you can no longer disable the lock screen with a simple group policy change.
In some offices, the lock screen is completely necessary, as it prevents people from seeing anything on another person’s computer, which can be a major security risk. But for others, the lock screen is just a hindrance that makes logging in take longer.
Don’t worry, though, because there is a way to disable it, and it’s pretty easy to do.
- Type Local Security Policy into the Windows search bar.
- Click Software Restriction Policies.
- Select Additional Rules. (If Additional Rules is missing, click Action, followed by New Software Restriction Policies.
- Right-click an empty area in the right pane of the window.
- Click New Path Rule.
- For the path, paste the following: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy
- Set security level to Disallowed.
- Click Ok.
Remember, this is for Windows 10 Pro users, as the other versions won’t have access to those features.
Did this method word for you to disable to the lock screen after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update? Have another method that’s been successful? Let us know in the comments!
Image Credit: Odua Images via ShutterStock
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.