If you want to up your GIF game, rather than search and share other people’s GIFs, there are plenty of ways to make your own GIFs.
One of the easiest ways to get this done is using Giphy’s online tool: GIF Maker. With GIF Maker, you can create GIFs from existing video content as well as create GIF slideshows from existing GIFs. You can also add captions, animated text, stickers, and filters to existing GIFs.
Creating a new GIF is an extremely simple task that will only take a few steps:
- When you’ve found the video you want to use, you can either paste the URL from YouTube, Vine, or other video sites into Giphy. If you’d rather upload a video from your computer, click the Browse button. (Vimeo videos will only work with Giphy if it’s available for download.)
- Once the video loads, you can select the start time, end time, and/or duration. To select the start and end times, use the sliders provided or manually enter the start time. You can also manually enter the duration which will move the end time slider for you.
- Add optional caption and tags.
- Click the Create GIF button.
- The GIF will then be uploaded to the Giphy website. You can then share the link, embed it on your site, or download it to your computer.
Giphy also offers cross-platform apps to make it easy to create GIFs on the go. Free apps are available for iOS, Android, and Mac users.
What GIFs are you going to create with the online Giphy tool? Share them with us in the comments.
Explore more about: GIF.