The modern household is a series of chemicals: toilet cleaner, glue and dish detergent, just to name a few. They’re all so common that sometimes it’s easy to forget they’re made by a factory out of various ingredients. The US Government wants you to be aware of this however, and so we have the US Department of Health and Safety’s page about common household products.
Wherever you live in the world, you’ll find useful information here about products you use every day, including ingredient lists and safety information.
You’ll find the household products broken up into logical categories. Once you work your way through the directory structure to the product you’re curious about, you’ll find a plethora of information regarding the product: the phone number of the manufacturers, extensive information about health risks associated with the product, proper disposal of the product and which ingredients can be considered hazardous.
If you’re curious about any household product this is a great place to check.
- Database of information about various household chemicals and products.
- Phone numbers of manufacturers listed.
- Lots of safety information, including health risks and disposal.
- Information courtesy of the US Department of Health and Human Services.
- Similar sites: WhatsOnMyFood and SkinDeep.
Check out the houehold products database @ www.householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov