Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
As a college student you probably don’t have much disposable income, and that means being unable to afford luxuries like Amazon Prime. Fortunately, Amazon understands your struggles and wants you to enjoy Prime anyway.
Say hello to the Prime Student program, which starts with a six-month free trial and continues at 50% off the full membership price of Prime until you graduate or until four years pass, whichever comes first.
You get most, but not all, of the benefits of Prime:
- Free two-day shipping in the U.S.
- Access to the full Prime Video catalog (including all of these Prime-exclusive shows).
- Unlimited photo hosting with Prime Photos (which is better than most free photo-hosting alternatives).
- Access to exclusive Daily Deals and Lightning Deals for Prime members only.
- Twitch Prime, which grants premium features on Twitch (basically the same as Twitch Turbo, valued at $9 per month).
Unfortunately you don’t get access to some other nifty features, like Prime Pantry or Prime Music or Prime Reading, but you’re still getting a fantastic deal for just $50 per year.
You must have an .EDU email address to qualify. If you don’t have one, you may still qualify if you can provide some other proof of enrollment: photo of student ID, current semester transcript, tuition bill, or copy of an official acceptance letter.
Interested? Sign up for Prime Student now!
Do you feel that Prime Student is worth it? If not, what would be enough to push you over the edge? Let us know if this helped you!