Think you that a great idea for an amazing iPhone and iPad app that no one else has thought of? Well, get to it and build the app!
This week, we’ll be giving away 25 copies of Head First iPhone and iPad Development eBook by Dan and Tracey Pilone from O’Reilly Media. Jump in for a quick description of the book and join the giveaway!
Let’s say you have a killer app idea for iPhone and iPad. Where do you begin? Head First iPhone and iPad Development will help you get your first application up and running in no time. You’ll not only learn how to design for Apple’s devices, you’ll also master the iPhone SDK tools — including Interface Builder, Xcode, and Objective-C programming principles — to make your app stand out.
Whether you’re a seasoned Mac developer who wants to jump into the App store, or someone with strong object-oriented programming skills but no Mac experience, this book is a complete learning experience for creating eye-catching, top-selling iPhone and iPad applications.
- Install the iPhone OS SDK and get started using Interface Builder and XCode
- Put Objective-C core concepts to work, including message passing, protocols, properties, and memory management
- Take advantage of iPhone OS patterns such as datasources and delegates
- Preview your applications in the Simulator
- Build more complicated interactions that utilize multiple views, data entry/editing, and rotation
- Work with the iPhone’s camera, GPS, and accelerometer
- Optimize, test, and distribute your application
Win a free copy of this ebook and start developing iOS apps! We’ve got 25 copies to give away this week.
How do I win a copy?
It’s simple, just follow the instructions.
Step 1: Fill in the giveaway form
Please fill in the form with your real name and email address so that we can get in touch if you are chosen as a winner.
The giveaway code required to activate the form is available in the sidebar on our Facebook page.
Step 2: Share!
You’re almost done. Now, all that’s left to do is to share the post. There are 2 options to choose from or you can do both!
Like it on Facebook
Or share it on Twitter
This giveaway begins now and ends Friday, August 5th at 2100hrs PDT. The winners will be selected at random and informed via email.
Spread the word to your friends and have fun!