If you are having a hard time learning a word, than GraphWords is a website you might want to check out. It allows you to examine a meaning visually. Instead of reading a dictionary and simply defining a word, GraphWords shows you the word visually. It shows lines connecting the word with other words of similar meaning.
You can also see how a word fits in with other words. For example, if you type “use” into the draw box you would see words like usage, consumption, purpose and manipulate. You can mouse over the word to see the meaning of each word, which will help you understand how it connects to “use.”
If you like to save the word you are examining, you can save it as an image simply by clicking the “Save as Image” button at the top of the screen.
- Massive database of English words.
- Connect a word with other similar words visually.
- Save output as an image for future reference.
- Define each outputted word by simply mousing over.
- Similar tools: SnappyWords, Shahi, Lexipedia and VisuWords.