Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
While you are still hunting down Christmas presents, we here at MakeUseOf are already getting into the mood for Easter.
No, not really! But during this stressful pre-holiday season I thought it would be a good idea to spread some laughter.
Since Google is a source for quite a bit of entertainment, I compiled a list of the coolest Google treasures. Here are April Fool’s Day jokes, Easter Eggs, bombs and more in no particular order:
1. Search Google with MentalPlex
Of course this was an April Fool’s Day joke.
2. Search better with Google Gulp
This beta beverage will quench your thirst for knowledge!
It comes in four different flavors: Glutamate Grape, Sugar-Free Radical, Beta Carroty and Sero-Tonic Water.
Since the Google search algorithm cannot be improved, Google released this series of fruity and refreshing smart drinks with auto-drink technology. They are designed to maximize its users surfing experience by making them more intelligent and less thirsty.
Yes, this was an April Fool’s Day joke as well.
3. Search Google for Once in a Blue Moon
Google’s got humor. This is a classic calculator Easter Egg.
4. Search Google for the Answer to Life the Universe and Everything
Even funnier, Google calculates MUCH faster than Deep Thought.
5. Search Google for the Number of Horns on a Unicorn
Now what I would like to know is how many unicorns are there on Earth? Unfortunately, Google doesn’t calculate THAT.
6. Look at Googleplex Charleston Road in street view mode.
Google employees organized their 15 minutes of fame. Browse around the area for more sights.
7. Look at Sampsonia Way in Pittsburgh in street view mode.
This street view was created in cooperation with Google for the Street With A View project.
8. Type about:internets into Google Chrome’s address bar
This will only work with Windows XP as Google Chrome launches the pipes screensaver inside the tab.
The following commands will also work for other operating systems:
9. Click [CTRL] + [ALT] + [A] in Google Earth to launch a Flight Simulator
Google has released the full keyboard controls for the Flight Simulator here.
10. Type “french military victories” into the search field and click “I’m feeling lucky“
This is a Google bomb where the creator of the above seen results page takes advantage of Google’s ranking system.
Sadly, the well-known Google bombs Failure and Chuck Norris don’t seem to work anymore. And Google also fixed its translator. But there are still lots of hilarious Google-related out there, see what we got for Google on MakeUseOf Geeky Fun.
Do you know of any other Google hidden treasures and easter eggs?