Politicians always appreciate new and better ways to connect with the general public. They have been using Twitter and Facebook but somehow those networks do not fulfill a politician’s requirements in a user-friendly way. A network that does offer those features in a friendly manner is Google+.
Google+ is now catering to politicians too. The network has a webpage up that highlights the features available for politcians. The most basic feature of course is sharing updates by your status message and your constituents showing their support by +1-ing your post. Status messages can also be used to gather opinions (see image above), making them act as online polls.
The feature of sorting people into circles on Google+ lets you tailor messages for specific groups, without filling up the feed of your other contacts. The virtual meeting option lets you conduct a high-quality video chat that supports up to 10 users. And then of course there is the option to upload pictures of political events to keep your constituents updated.
- A user-friendly web service and social network.
- Helps politicians reach out to the general public.
- Lets you share updates with people.
- Lets you conduct group video chat.
- Lets you share pictures with others.
- Similar tools: PolitickerUSA, NewsCaplet , Ruck.us and Broadcastr.
Check out “Google+ for Politics” @ www.google.com/+/learnmore/politics/index.html