GenerateData: Easily Generate Dummy Data In Large Volumes
GenerateData is a free open source script and web app that quickly generates large volumes of customized dummy data. This tool is useful for populating database on your website or testing how your software handles large amounts of user data.
To generate data, enter a column title and data type in the table. Then choose the file format and the number of results that you need for your output. You can also select country-specific data although only four countries are available for now (US, Canada, UK, Netherlands).
The free online version limits you to only 200 records but you can download the script for free and use it on your own webserver. The installed script allows you to run as many data generation tasks as you need. You can also donate at least $20 to get an online user account that lets you generate up to 5,000 records.
- Generate dummy data online.
- Free; no sign up required.
- Full script available for download.
- Available generated fields include names, phone numbers, e-mail, citis, dates, country, and more.
- Country specific data available (US, UK, Canada, Netherlands).
- Save and download in various formats (HTML, CSV, XLS, SQL, XML).