General-Search: Search Engine for File Hosting Sites
File hosting services such as Uploading, Rapidshare and Megaupload contain millions of files shared by people, and a big portion of these files is potentially useful. However, there is also useless files that make it hard to find what you want. If you want to get through all the clutter and easily find the file of your interest then General-Search comes in very handy. It is a file sharing site search engine that scans the database of popular file-hosting websites and lets you search all from one place.
Searching in General-Search is fairly straightforward as you only have to type in the file you are looking for in the search bar. Additionally, you can narrow down search by specifying which from the three file hosting sites you would like to search in. You can also set the type of file that you are looking for, whether it is an archive, audio, video, document, picture, application, or CD/DVD file.
General-Search also comes with a lot of useful features. For instance, you can subscribe to an RSS feed of a search to track for updates when new files come up – useful if you are constantly looking for the latest magazine scans or TV episodes. You can also install a browser plugin for Internet Explorer and Firefox so that you can search quickly and easily. Although you do not need to register to search for files, registered users can keep track of what they have downloaded using the download history.
With over 4 million files in their database and still growing by the minute, General-Search is one useful for anyone who needs to lookup any files online.
- Search for files in Uploading, Rapidshare and Megaupload.
- Narrow down your search results by file hosting site or by type of file.
- View today’s top downloads and last searches.
- Rate the files that you download and add comments.
- Shows alternative download links and other related files.
- Subscribe to RSS feeds to get updated on a search term.
- Follow the site using FriendFeed or Twitter.
- View the site’s latest news on the blog.
- Link General-Search to your website.
- Bookmark the site in various social networks.
- Add a browser search plugin for Internet Explorer or Firefox.
- Free, no sign up is required.
- Registered users can keep track of their last 20 downloads in their download history.
- Similar Tools: Shufs and Crawl Rapidshare.
Check out General Search @ www.general-search.com