Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Free-ORC is web application that can recognize and extract text from image file such as scanned documents, photographs or digital camera captured pictures. Extracted text will be presented as plain text.
The application currently supports a PDF, JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP or PNG files and can recognize 6 languages (English, German, french, Italian, Dutch and Spanish).
Free-ORC is completely free and the only restrictions are:
– input images must not be larger than 2MB,
– not wider or higher than 5000 pixels and
– at most 10 image uploads per hour.
- Extract text from photos and scanned documents.
- Images must not be larger than 2MB in size.
- Supports a PDF, JPG, GIF, TIFF, BMP or PNG files.
- Can recognize 6 languages (English, German, french, Italian, Dutch and Spanish).
- Free and no registration.
- Also have a look at OCRTerminal that can convert scanned documents to text.
Check out Free-ORC @ www.free-ocr.com