Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
Free File Shredder is a security tool for erasing your documents and files. It works by rewriting over the documents several times with the US Dod 5220.22-M erasure method.
Simple deletion methods in Windows can often be recovered using “recovery tools” that take advantage of the shortcomings of the Windows default delete method. With Free File Shredder you can be assured the files are permanently erased.
The process of re-writing over the files with random binary data is known as “shredding” and is the most effective method of erasing for Windows files. It’s a fast, reliable and effective way to remove sensitive information, such as company documents.
With Free File Shredder, you can nominate to re-write the information up to 15 times, making it as secure as possible. It’s integrated with Windows Explorer so that you can use the tool from within the native Windows environment. Simply right-click on the file and choose “Destroy with Shredder”.
- Fast deletion of folders, files, free space and temporary files.
- Permanent erasure of documents for security and peace of mind.
- Easy to use and fast acting.
- Certified Windows 7 Software.
- Create a Drop-Target window to make drag-and-drop actions possible.
- Similar tools: FilExile and Eraser,
Check out Free File Shredder @ www.kakasoft.com/file-shredder/