Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Flick Widgets is an Android app that makes your Android smartphone obey your commands at the flick of your wrist, taking advantage of the phone’s built-in accelerometer. You simply flick your device left, right, front or back and it brings up a widget on the screen.
Currently only two widgets are available – a volume control menu and a contact list but more widgets are promised in the future including a toggle widget for WiFi and Bluetooth, Bookmarks widget, app shortcuts widget and others. In the app’s settings you can configure the flick sensitivity and widgets to be shown depending on a flick direction.
To get a better idea of how it works, watch the following demonstration video:
- App for Android.
- Display widgets on the screen with a flick of your wrist.
- Flick in 4 different directions to bring up widgets – left, right, front or back.
- Currently available widgets – a volume control menu and a contact list.
- Configure flick sensitivity in the settings.
- Free, ad-supported.
- Similar tool: Wave Control.
- Also read related articles: 5 Free Apps For Managing & Playing Your Music [Android 2.2+] and The 5 Best Music Apps For Your Android Device.