Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
FineReaderOnline is a new web based image text extractor using which you can extract text from a scanned image in variety of formats (BMP, PCX, DCX, JPEG, PNG, TIFF etc.) and convert it into a most commonly used editable document formats such as Microsoft Word, Excel, RTF, and TXT, or PDF.
The application is free and easy to use. To start, simply register on the site and upload your image, pick a the language and output format and hit “Recognize”. Once the file is converted you can save it on to your computer. Currently you may process up to 50 pages a day with each file being under 10 mb.
- Online image text extraction tool.
- Lets you process 50 pages a day for free.
- Supported input image formats: BMP, PCX, DCX, JPEG/JPEG, PNG and TIFF/TIF.
- Supported output file formats: Microsoft Word, Excel, RTF, and TXT and PDF.
- The file must not be larger than 10 MB.
- Multilingual recognition: Russian, English, German and French.
- Simple and clutter free design.
- Similar apps: Free-ORC and OCRTerminal.