How to Win at Facebook: 50+ Tips and Tricks You Should Know
Have you been using Facebook wrong this whole time? With these tips and tricks, you can unlock the full power of Facebook and make it work wonders for you.
Facebook has made all kinds of headlines for its controversial practices, yet people all over the world still use it. It’s hard to get by without Facebook when everyone you know uses it, so we don’t blame you if you haven’t jumped ship yet.
If you’ve decided that you’re still going to use Facebook, make sure you’re doing everything in your power to use it well. Don’t let it be a time sink. Don’t let Facebook have access to all your personal data. Don’t make mistakes that’ll embarrass you in front of friends and family. Here’s everything you need to know to become a master at Facebook.
Never seriously used Facebook before? We recommend starting with these articles for complete beginners:
Facebook Etiquette for Newbies
As with all things social, the Facebook platform has developed its own set of etiquette that users should be aware of (on top of general courtesy and decency that you should already be practicing). Here’s what you need to know:
- Essential Facebook Etiquette: 10 Do’s and Don’ts
- Facebook Symbols Explained (And How to Use Them)
- Facebook Friend Requests: Unwritten Rules and Hidden Settings
- How to Politely Ignore Someone on Facebook
- What to Do When No One Likes Your Facebook Status
- Things You Should Never Share on Social Media
Essential Tips and Tricks
One of the more frustrating parts of Facebook is not being able to figure out how to do something simple, like switching to another profile or preventing someone from showing up in your feed. Here are the key tips everyone should know as a Facebook user:
- How to Switch Between Facebook Profiles on One Computer
- How to Create Better Facebook Cover Photos and Profile Pictures
- How to Delete Facebook Notifications
- How to Hide Friends on Facebook
- How to Mute People on Facebook
- How to Prevent Others Posting on Your Facebook Timeline
- How to Find Anything in Your Facebook Timeline
- How to Find Out Who Blocked You on Facebook
- How to Unblock Someone on Facebook
- How to See Every Like, Post, and Comment You’ve Made on Facebook
- How to See the Relationship History of Any Two People on Facebook
- What Happens When You Deactivate a Facebook Account?
Advanced Tips and Tricks
In addition to the basic tips above, there are some cool things you can do with Facebook that may or may not be useful in your case. Might as well check them out and see if they are, though, right? Here are some more advanced tips that you shouldn’t overlook:
- Facebook Search Tips to Find Exactly What You’re Looking For
- Browser Extensions for a Better Facebook Experience
- More Browser Extensions for a Better Facebook Experience
- How to Watch Facebook Live
- How to Save Videos From Facebook
- How to Download Private Facebook Videos
- How to Post to Multiple Facebook Groups
- The Best Facebook Instant Games to Play With Friends Online
- The Best Facebook Hacks to Show Off Your Geeky Skills
For Mobile Users
If you mainly use Facebook on your smartphone or tablet, we have a few specialized tips that may help take your Facebook experience to the next level. Here’s what you need to know:
- What Is Facebook Lite? Is It Better Than Facebook?
- How to Use Facebook Login Approvals and Code Generator on Android
- How to Upload and Delete Phone Contacts on Facebook
- How to Sync Android Contact Photos With Facebook
- How to Download Videos From Facebook
For Facebook Messenger
- Facebook Messenger Icons and Symbols: What Do They Mean?
- How to Hide the “Typing” and “Seen” Messages on Facebook Messenger
- How to Move Conversations Between Inboxes on Facebook Messenger
- Facebook Messenger Features You Must Try
- Hidden Facebook Messenger Tricks You Need to Try
- How to Use Messenger Without Facebook
- How to Deactivate Facebook Messenger
- Don’t Want to Use Facebook Messenger? 10 Alternatives
Facebook Privacy and Security: Issues and Concerns
Online privacy and personal data security are the biggest question marks surrounding Facebook right now. Whether you’re stuck using Facebook against your will or you just can’t let go, be prudent and protect yourself to the best of your ability. Here’s everything you need to know:
- How to Set Up Two-Factor Authentication on Facebook
- Things You Should Never Share on Social Media
- 25 Unsettling Things Facebook Knows About You
- How to Find What Facebook Knows About You (And Block It)
- How to Clear Your Facebook Search History
- How to Stop Facebook From Tracking You
- How to View and Delete Your Location History on Facebook
- How to Change Which Facebook Friends Can See You Online
- How to Appear Offline on Facebook and Messenger
- Can You Really See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile?
And it gets worse!
- How to Check If Someone Else Is Accessing Your Facebook Account
- How to Tell If Your Facebook Has Been Hacked
- What to Do When Your Facebook Account Has Been Hacked
- How to Spot Facebook Pyramid Schemes and Avoid Being Scammed
- How Hackers Use Facebook to Steal From You
- How Your Facebook Data Is Collected and Used to Win Elections
- What Are Facebook Shadow Profiles?
Troubleshooting Facebook Problems
You’re bound to run into problems with Facebook at some point. For when you do, we recommend bookmarking our article dedicated to the most common Facebook problems you’re likely to run into and how to solve them yourself:
- How to Recover Your Facebook Account When You Can No Longer Log In
- How to Log Into Facebook If You Lost Access to Code Generator
- Common Facebook Problems and How to Fix Them
- How to Request a Refund on Facebook
Image Credit: TarasMalyarevich/Depositphotos
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.