Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Facebook Live and Instagram Live continue to grow in popularity as great ways to connect with social media followers, and there are several advantages to tuning in live: you’ll have the opportunity to ask questions in real time, and you may also benefit from special offers available only to live viewers.
So how do you make sure you never miss any live video?
How to Enable Live Notifications for Facebook
- Go to the Facebook page you want to receive Facebook Live notifications.
- Hover over or click on the Following button.
- Under Notifications click the edit button.
- Under Live Videos, select All Live Posts for when to get notified of live videos.
There are two other options if you prefer not to receive notifications for every single live video:
- You can turn live video notifications off altogether.
- You can receive notifications for a selection of live videos. You’ll never see more than three notifications from any page per day.
If you’re sick of notifications, you can do the opposite too. See how to disable Facebook Live notifications.
How to Enable Live Notifications for Instagram
By default Instagram live video notifications are turned on for all accounts.
Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be a way to selectively turn these notifications on and off on a case-by-case basis. Instead, you can simply keep them all turned on, or you can turn them on or off by doing the following:
- Open Instagram, go to your profile and go to the app Settings.
- Tap Push Notification Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and under Live Videos select Off or On depending on your preference.
Do you prefer to keep live video notifications turned on or off? Let us know in the comments.