How to Enable and Set Up “Do Not Disturb” on iOS 12
iOS 12 is finally here. It brings a raft of new features to the iPhone operating system, including support for group chats on FaceTime, tools that’ll help you manage your screen time, grouped notifications, and a revamped iBooks app (now called Apple Books).
Apple has also taken the opportunity to finally introduce a “Do Not Disturb” feature, something Android users have enjoyed for years. But what exactly does the new feature offer? And how can you enable the Do Not Disturb mode and customize it for your needs?
What Is Do Not Disturb Mode?
Do Not Disturb mode has two key features:
- When you go to bed, you can dim your phone’s screen and disable all notifications until you wake up in the morning.
- You can set it up so it disables automatically in an hour, at the end of the day, when you leave a particular location, or at the end of a meeting.
How to Enable Do Not Disturb on iOS
If you’d like to make Do Not Disturb automatically engage at your bedtime, follow these instructions:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Do Not Disturb.
- Slide the toggle next to Schedule into the On position.
- Set the times you want the schedule to turn on and off.
- Slide the toggle next to Bedtime Mode into the On position.
If you want to enable Do Not Disturb for a specific amount of time, follow these steps instead:
- Swipe down from the top right-hand corner of the screen to access the Control Center.
- Tap on the Do Not Disturb button (it looks like a moon’s crescent).
- Choose either For one hour, Until this evening, Until I leave this location, or Until the end of this event.
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.