Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Ebay is by far the most popular online marketplace. So in case you’re looking for a couple of free tools to help you get the best of it than read further. As usual, all free, and nothing useless. Search tools, apps to handle last minute bidding (both from web or mobile), ultimate bargain locater, and some more.
FINDING THE RIGHT ITEM:
1. GetItNext – One thing that I really don’t like about eBay is its search function:although it has a wide range of filtering options, it sometimes takes just too long to get the search results that you want. And that’s exactly where GetItNext comes in really useful. Unlike eBay search, GetItNext is able to filter irrelevant results more efficiently and lists only the items that you are looking for. For instance, searching for Dell Vostro 1500 laptops will bring only actual Vostro 1500 auctions, well … mostly.:-).
2. oSkope – Really cool visual search engine for eBay, Amazon, Flickr and Youtube. It lets you conveniently browse through large amount of items with minimal effort. Highlights include: supports international ebay sites (eba.de, ebay.fr, etc.), quick auction preview, visually appealing drag’n drop interface, add to watchlist, and more.
3. highly targeted alert notices for the specific items you are interested in. Once something matching your criteria gets listed, you will get notified either by email or in your feedreader.– Highly customizable online tool for watching eBay auctions. Basically, RSSauction lets you create
4. Lastminute-Auction – Probably the best tool for locating bargain deals on eBay. Lastminute-Auction only lists auctions which have less than one hour to go and are still priced below $1. You can also view auctions by category (USB Flash drives, RAM, etc.). To take full advantage of it, try it out when eBay has the least amount of traffic, i.e. in the nights, or early mornings. This will get you right to those rarely found auctions that get almost no exposure at the auction end, resulting in extremely low winning bids. Also available for other eBay sites, including Germany, UK, Italy, Australia and Spain.
5.– Free last minute notification and bidding service for the auctions in your watch list. It contacts you (via email or mobile) right before the end of the auction, updates you on the auction status and lets you place a bid directly from your mobile. (US and Canada only). See video below.
6. AuctionSniper – “AuctionSniper is a web-based eBay sniper that automates the process of placing your eBay bid in the closing seconds of any eBay bidding auction, dramatically increasing your chance of winning.”
TRACKING YOUR PURCHASES
7. ShoeBoxed – And finally something to track your eBay receipts. Shoeboxed can automatically manage, track and organize your eBay purchases and receipts online. Once registered, you will be provided with “firstname.lastname@example.org” email address. Simply set it as a default email on eBay and all incoming receipts will be automatically organized and displayed in your ShoeBoxed account. In addition to eBay, supports over 20 other major retailers.
Got other noteworthy eBay tools ? Let us know in comments.