Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Slated for November 23, Black Friday is best known for knock-down, drag-out fights in brick and mortar stores. That doesn’t mean you have to line up early in the morning and struggle to get the best deals. Instead, you could turn to a site like eBay and benefit from some good deals from the comfort of your own home.
In an effort to make sure you’re fully prepared for Black Friday, we’ve put together a guide to what deals to look out for on eBay. And like we’ve said in the past, there are certain things you should buy on Black Friday to make sure that you’re getting a great deal including laptops, tablets, TVs, video games and consoles, and cameras.
When to Log On?
eBay started dropping its Black Friday deals long before November 23. But as is the case with most Black Friday deals, sale items are limited in quantity so something that might have been available at the time of writing could already be out of stock.
Your best bet is to jump on eBay’s Black Friday sales page right now and see what you can find. It also appears that the deals will keep on coming long after Black Friday has come and gone.
(And if you’ve completely missed the boat and Black Friday is long over—remember—eBay actually offers year-round daily deals.)
One thing to note about the eBay deals: All discount percentages are based on the retail price. So, when you find a great deal that’s 70% off, you might very well find a similar deal from another retailer, so be sure to do a quick search to make sure you’re getting the best deal.
If you’re in the market for a new laptop, eBay has some solid deals. Whether you’re looking for a Windows laptop, a MacBook, or a Chromebook, you’ll find brand new and refurbished options. But when selecting a laptop, be sure to ask yourself if buying a cheaper laptop model is a waste of money.
If the laptops are refurbished, you can expect the discounts to come with some cosmetic blemishes and signs of use in some of the laptops including scratches, scuffs, dents, and dead pixels. (And the bigger the discount, the more likely it’s a refurbished device.)
- Acer C720 Chromebook Refurbished: $79.95 (73% off)
- Samsung Chromebook Refurbished: $79.99 (68% off)
- Microsoft Surface (13.5″): US $899.99 (31% off)
- MacBook Air 13″ Refurbished:$379.97 (68% off)
- MacBook Pro 13”: $1,269.99 (37% off)
If you need help figuring out which laptop is right for you, consider these guides:
- How to Pick and Buy the Perfect Chromebook
- The 8 Best Lightweight Laptops in 2018
- All the Best Laptops Under $400 for Students
Tablets and eReaders
You’ll find the full range of iPads, from the iPad Mini to the iPad Pro, in all sorts of configurations including dirt-cheap first gen models, along with Samsung and Amazon Fire tablets, but no Kindles to speak of.
- Apple iPad 6th Gen: $339.99 (20% off)
- Apple iPad Pro: $424.95 (42% off)
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3: $349.99 (41% off)
TV, Video, and Home Audio
Among the best deals you can find on Black Friday are the discounted TV prices. Along with TVs, eBay is also offering deals on other home entertainment products like Bluetooth and smart speakers.
- Samsung QLED TV 49″: $649 (50% off)
- Marshall Acton 50W Wireless Bluetooth Speaker: $119.99 (60% off)
- Apple HomePod: $239.99 (31% off)
- Google Chromecast 2nd Gen: $24.99 ( 50%off)
Video Games, Consoles, and Movies
Xbox consoles aren’t significantly discounted on eBay this year (at least not yet), but there are a few decent PlayStation console deals as well as Xbox and PlayStation games and accessories to choose from.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (XBox): $47.99 (20% off)
- Fifa 19 / Madden NFL 19 (PlayStation 4): $38.99 (35% off)
- NBA 2K19 (Xbox One): $24.99 (58% off)
- PlayStation 4 Slim 1TB Console + Marvel’s Spider-Man: $324.99 (26% off)
- Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12 Month Gold Membership: $42.99 (28% off)
- Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless PS4 Controller: $39.99 (38% off)
If you’re planning on buying a PlayStation controller, you might want to pick one of the 6 best PS controllers out there, some of which are among this year’s eBay Black Friday deals.
The cameras available on eBay are a mixed bag of DSLR bodies and bundles, as well as a few mirrorless cameras, but not as many as we’d like to see.
The Canon Rebel T6, for example, which is also one of the best cheap cameras to buy, comes as part of a bundle with two kit lenses, the 18-55 and the 75-300. Now if we’re being completely frank, these are not great lenses. The body alone will cost you around $300 anywhere else, but this set will set you back around $400 with eBay’s Black Friday deal. If you’re just getting started and don’t want to splurge on nicer lenses, this might be a good place to start.
- Canon Rebel T6: $403.98 (46% off)
- Nikon D500 kit (2 batteries & Grip Pro): $1,179.99 (70% off)
- Fujifilm X-T2: $1,252.01 (45% off)
Popular phone models from Apple and Samsung are available on eBay, as well as some cheaper brands like Huawei and LG.
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus 32GB (Unlocked): $389.99 (51% off)
- Apple iPhone X 64GB (Refurbished): $579.00 (35% off)
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ 64GB (Unlocked): $649.99 (35% off)
Home Appliances & Smart Home
If you’ve been thinking about bringing some smart technology into your home, or even any small home appliances, Black Friday is a great chance to do just that.
- Nest Thermostat E White: $119.99 (40% off)
- Philips Hue Smart Bulb Starter Kit: $119.99 (40% off)
- KitchenAid 3.5 Quart Stand Mixer: $199 (53% off) For even bigger savings, you can consider the refurbished 5-quart model for just $179.99.
More Black Friday Tips and Deals
eBay isn’t the only place to look for great Black Friday deals. There will be plenty of deals for gamers on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. With so many great deals to choose from, you’ll definitely want to do your homework and make sure that you are getting the best deal possible.
Other stores like Target are offering a sneak peek into the deals you’ll get on Black Friday
There are also sites to help you find the best Black Friday ads for the year. These sites offer up all the necessary information like business hours, as well as great online deals you can get without leaving your couch.