Many people do not feel it when mild earthquakes hit their region. Such people only find out through others that an earthquake occurred the previous day. To automatically be notified anytime an earthquake hits your area, you can use a web service called Earthquake Notification Service.
Earthquake Notification Service (ENS) is a free to use web service that notifies its users via email of whenever there is an earthquake in their region. All you have to do to get started is sign up for an account on the site. After signing up, you can indicate the region for which you would like to receive earthquake updates. You can simply choose a few regions by clicking on them from a list or you can draw a custom region on the world map, as in the image above. Earthquake updates for your selected region will be emailed to you whenever they are available. These updates include the exact location, magnitude, and depth of the earthquake.
- A user-friendly web service.
- Emails you earthquake updates for your region.
- You can specify your regions by selecting cities or drawing a region on a map.
- Updates include earthquake details.
- Similar tool: PNWQuakes.
- Also read related articles:4 Web Services To Keep Track Of Earthquakes & Storms Around Us
3 Apps To Alert You Of Natural Disasters [Android]
Check out Earthquake Notification Service @ sslearthquake.usgs.gov/ens [No Longer Available]