There is so much more to Google Maps than merely getting from A to B. It can provide you with public transport routes and times, and customizes your route depending on your method of travel. It also lets you drop a pin in a location and either save it to your profile or share it with friends.
Dropping a pin is useful if the place you’re looking for doesn’t have an address or is off the road network. It’s also helpful on the odd occasion when Google gets a location wrong. Here’s how to drop a pin on Google Maps on both Android and iOS.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps Mobile
To drop a pin on Google Maps when using an Android device:
- Open the Google Maps app.
- Either search for an address or scroll around the map until you find the location you want.
- Long-press on the screen to drop a pin.
- The address or location will pop up at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the location to open either share it, save it, or add a label to it.
How do you make use of dropped pins on Google Maps? You can share your stories in the comments below.