Staying on top of sports fixtures is like a full-time job. There are so many sports and so many teams—and that’s before you worry about time zones, last-minute TV changes, and the weather.
Quite a few sports apps will keep you abreast of the latest head-to-heads, but who’s got time for checking yet another app in their busy schedule? I’m sure I speak for many of our readers when I say I prefer a one-stop shop.
So, if you’re looking for a more streamlined way to know what’s going on in your favorite leagues, perhaps it’s time for you to check out Google Calendar. It’s easy to download sports fixtures so you can see them alongside your regular agenda.
How to Download Sports Fixtures for Google Calendar
If you want to add sports fixtures to your Google Calendar, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Open Google Calendar in a browser.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Settings.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, go to Add Calendar > Browse calendars of interest.
- Scroll down to the Sports section.
- You will see a different list of sports depending on where in the world you are.
- Expand one of the sports’ sub-menus to see the different leagues that are available.
- And expand of the leagues’ sub-menus to see the teams in the league.
- To choose a team to add to Google Calendar, tick the checkbox alongside its name.
- A new calendar will instantly appear in the Other Calendars section in the left-hand panel.
If you want to see a preview of the calendar before you add it, hover over a team’s name and click on the eye icon.
And remember, Google recently updated its calendar app. Check out our article to learn what’s new in the Google Calendar redesign.