DoNotCall: Remove your Phone Number from Telemarketing Lists
DoNotCall is the national Do Not Call registry manged by Federal Trade Commission (FTC). It gives you an opportunity to remove your phone number from telemarketing lists and considerably reduce the number of incoming telemarketing calls. Most telemarketers should remove your name from the lists and stop calling you within 31 days after registration. If you continue to receive calls after that you can file a complaint. You are allowed to register both landline and mobile numbers.
How does it work ?
- Enter up to three phone numbers and your email address.
- Check for errors and click register.
- Check your email for DoNotCall confirmation message.
- Remove your phone numbers from telemarketing lists.
- Register from the website or by calling registry’s toll-free number (1-888-382-1222).
- Option to remove your number from DoNotCall registry at any time.
- File complaint against telemarketer
- National DoNotCall registry meant for personal numbers only.
Note: Do Not Call Registry will stop most telemarketing calls, but not all. Because of limitations in the jurisdiction of the FTC and FCC, calls from or on behalf of political organizations, charities, and telephone surveyors would still be permitted, as would calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship, or those to whom you’ve provided express agreement in writing to receive their calls.
Check out DoNotCall @ [ www.donotcall.gov ]