Despite the growth of apps like WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, we still send over 2 billion emails every year. Given that, it’s easy to see how the email notification on Windows 10 could be annoying.
Thankfully, there is a way to turn of email notifications in Windows 10, though it’s not as apparent as it should be. In this short article, we’re going to explain how to disable the notifications for good.
How to Turn Off Mail Notifications in Windows 10
To turn off mail notifications in Windows 10, just follow the simple step-by-step instructions below.
- Open the Mail app on your computer.
- In the lower left-hand corner of the window, click on the Settings icon.
- Select Notifications.
- Option 1: Choose the account you want to disable notifications on in the dropdown menu at the top of the screen, then mark the checkbox next to Show a notification banner.
- Option 2: Slide the toggle next to Show notifications in the Action Center.
- Now, open the Windows Settings app.
- Go to System.
- In the left-hand panel, click on Notifications and actions.
- Scroll down to Get notifications from these senders.
- Slide the toggle next to Mail and Calendar into the Off position.
To the notifications on again, reverse the steps we listed above.
Do you find the excessive number of email notifications on Windows 10 to be frustrating? Have you disabled the notifications on your own system?