Netflix does a lot of things exceptionally well, but content discovery is not one of them. It’s surprisingly difficult to dig deep into the company’s library to find enjoyable new stuff to watch. Instead, users often have to rely on the not-user-friendly secret codes.
In theory, you shouldn’t need to use the codes. The Netflix apps do have a list of recommended shows that are supposedly generated by sophisticated algorithms that analyze the videos you’ve already watched.
But what if you and your partner share a single Netflix profile? It’s an easy mistake to make, but it doesn’t take much for the algorithm to become confused.
Luckily, hope is not lost. You can remove shows you’ve watched from your Netflix history, and thus prevent the algorithms from considering them when suggesting new content.
How to Delete Recently Watched on Netflix
If you want to delete shows from your recently watched list on Netflix, follow the simple step-by-step instructions below:
- Navigate to Netflix.com and click on Sign In.
- Enter your Netflix credentials and click Sign In again.
- Click on the primary Netflix user’s name.
- Click on the small arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
- In the dropdown menu, choose Account.
- Go to My Profile > Viewing Activity.
- You will see a list of all the shows you’ve watched.
- To remove a show or movie from the list, click on the X next to the show’s name.
You can also edit your show ratings by clicking on the Rating tab in the top right-hand corner.
Remember, if you’ve watched multiple episodes of a series, you need to remove them all for Netflix’s algorithms to stop considering them.
Did it work for you? You can leave any questions or queries in the comments below.
Image Credit: nevodka via Shutterstock