Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.
Looking to remove some games from your Xbox One? With launch systems only having a 500GB hard drive, and some games requiring 50GB or more space, it’s only a matter of time before you’ll run out of space.
It’s a good idea to buy an external hard drive for your Xbox One to avoid this problem, but that won’t help in an emergency situation. Next time you try to install a game and don’t have enough free space, here’s what you need to do.
How to Delete Games on Xbox One
- On the Home menu, select My games & apps.
- Select the Games or Apps tab on the left side, depending on what you want to delete.
- At the top of the list, select Sort A-Z and change it to Sort by last used to see games you haven’t played in a while. Or, choose Sort by size to see your biggest games first.
- Highlight a game, then press the Menu button on your controller.
- Select Uninstall, then Uninstall all to confirm the deletion operation.
This will remove the game from your console, but you still own it and can re-download it any time. Visit the Ready to install tab on the left side of the My games & apps screen to browse the games you own but don’t have installed. If you’re an Xbox Live Gold member, you’ll probably have tons of Games with Gold titles waiting here.
And you can always check how much space you have left in the bottom-left corner. Hopefully after you remove a few games you don’t play anymore, you’ll have enough space for some new games.
How much free space do you have on your Xbox One? What games have you played recently? Share with us in the comments!
Image Credit: dlpn/Depositphotos