DataMasher is an interesting website which lets citizens visualize and play with the data sets released by US government everyday. The data, which is usually sourced from data.gov, contains stats like poverty rates, unemployment rates, obesity in the US and much more. Users can combine these data sets and create nice looking mashups which contain tables and maps, all created in an easy to use interface. Also comment on mashups created by other users. Overall, a fun site to play with government data.
- Visualize US government data by creating cool mashups
- Data sourced primarily from data.gov
- Easy to use. No programming knowledge required to create mashups
- Comment on mashups created by other users.
- Similar tools: ManyEyes, and VisualEconomics.
Check out DataMasher [No longer available]