Pandora has launched Voice Mode, which lets you control Pandora with your voice. Pandora first teased Voice Mode at CES 2019, and has released the feature to selected members in the months since. But now, finally, it’s available to all Pandora users.
Pandora Unveils Its New Voice Mode
Pandora unveiled Voice Mode in a post on the Pandora Blog. Pandora describes Voice Mode as a “personalized voice assistant” which lets you “control the Pandora app” and much more besides. And all hands-free with just the sound of your voice.
— Pandora (@pandoramusic) July 23, 2019
Pandora’s Voice Mode features a number of different voice commands. All of which begin with, “Hey, Pandora”. Some of Pandora’s voice commands let you control the app, some let you play specific content, and others let you trigger content personalized to you:
- “Hey, Pandora: play some music to start my day.”
- “Hey, Pandora: play more like this.”
- “Hey, Pandora: add this to my slow jams playlist.”
- “Hey, Pandora: play the latest Kevin Hart podcast.”
- “Hey, Pandora: play something for my workout.”
- “Hey, Pandora: play something in Beast Mode.”
- “Hey, Pandora: play the song that goes ‘Snakes and stones never break my bones.’”
- “Hey, Pandora: play something happy for cooking.”
- “Hey, Pandora: what song is this?”
- “Hey, Pandora: turn it all the way up!”
- “Hey, Pandora: play some relaxing music for sleeping.”
How to Activate Pandora’s Voice Mode
To activate Voice Mode in the Pandora app, just tap the microphone icon in the search bar at the top-right of the screen. Once enabled, you just need to say, “Hey, Pandora” followed by one of the voice commands listed above, and Pandora will do your bidding.
Pandora’s Voice Mode is available on the Pandora app on Android and iOS. You can now control Pandora with your voice regardless of which tier you’re on, including the free option. However, the voice commands at your disposal may differ based on your tier.
More Pandora Features to Check Out
This is just the latest in a long line of innovations from Pandora. In June 2017, Pandora added infinite listening for Premium users. In September 2018, Pandora launched Spotify-like curated playlists. And in May 2019, Pandora launched a native desktop app .