How Windows 10’s “Choose a Star” Helps You Make Special Videos
The Photos app was refreshed with the arrival of the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update . One of the updates will catch your eye if you like sharing photos and videos. Windows calls it Choose a Star and it can turn you into an impromptu filmmaker within a few minutes.
With the help of “Choose a Star”, you can build a video around the person you choose. And you don’t need any special video making skills at all.
How “Choose a Star” Works in Windows 10
In the new Windows 10 Photos app, you can pick someone and make them the center of a video montage. Just gather all the right photos first. Photos will ask you to select more than two photos to automatically create the video. When you choose someone as a “Star”, the video makes them the center of attention. Here are the steps in more detail:
- Launch the new Photos app. Select the Create button on the top toolbar. Now, choose Automatic video with music and select content.
- Click the Create button on the top toolbar again and title your video. Then select Create video.
- Photos goes to work and creates the video. Click the Remix it for me button to enhance it with different visual styles and transitions.
- Once you decide on the right look after the remix, use the Choose a star feature and the video will highlight that special person in each frame.
- Download the video file or upload it to social media and share with your friends.
The “Choose a Star” feature helps you create sophisticated videos in a fraction of the time it would take with a more powerful video editor. There’s no learning involved at all. Just five simple steps.
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.