If you’ve never tried Apple Pay or Google Pay, you might be surprised at their many benefits. Paying with your phone is simple even if you forget your wallet at home. And since these payment systems obscure your actual card details, they’re much safer than you’d think.
But you don’t want to show up for a shopping spree without any cash, only to find that the store doesn’t accept Apple or Google Pay. Here’s how to find eligible stores for either payment system easily.
How to Find Stores That Accept Apple Pay
- Open Maps (Apple Maps) on your iPhone.
- Search for the place you’d like to use Apple Pay.
- Tap the name of the place to bring up details.
- Swipe up to reveal more information.
- Scroll down to the Useful to Know section above the What People Say header. You’ll see an Apple Pay icon here if the store accepts it.
- For general store information, check out Apple’s list of Apple Pay-compatible stores.
How to Find Stores That Accept Google Pay
- Open the Google Pay app on your phone. If you don’t have Google Pay yet, check the Play Store for an update from Android Pay.
- On the main screen of the Google Pay app, scroll down to the bottom. You’ll see a Use Google Pay Nearby section listing a few places near you that accept it.
- Tap See more for a longer list of nearby stores.
- See Google’s list of supported stores for a general list.
Many compatible stores have stickers on their doors/windows, or signs at their payment terminals, with the Apple/Google Pay logos. In addition, both Apple and Google Pay should work pretty much anywhere you see the contactless payment symbol.