Compared to other online marketplaces, Amazon is exceptionally reliable. Though sites such as eBay and Alibaba do have refund policies, Amazon’s is perhaps the most comprehensive and buyer-friendly. But that doesn’t mean that things can’t go wrong.
Scammers are everywhere and the sheer number of users on Amazon makes the site an attractive proposition. Even though your money is relatively safe even if you are scammed, nobody really wants the hassle of dealing with the claims system.
It’s much easier to do your due diligence before hitting “Buy.” Thankfully, Amazon makes it easy. Here’s how to check seller feedback on Amazon and not get scammed.
How to Check Amazon Seller Feedback
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Find the item you want to buy.
- Open the listing page.
- In the upper right-hand side of the screen, locate the sentence that reads Ships from and sold by [Seller Name].
- Click on the seller’s name.
- Locate the box on the right-hand side of the screen the see the percentage of positive and negative feedback the seller has received over the last three, six, and 12 months.
- Scroll further down and click on the Feedback tab to see comments other buyers have left about the seller’s service.
Note: This feature is only available when looking at third-party sellers.
Of course, even when you’re not on the receiving end of a scam, some purchases can leave you dissatisfied. When that happens, it’s important to know how to return an item on Amazon and get your money back .
Image Credit: zagandesign/Depositphotos