How do you change the language across all your Google services? The answer isn’t as apparent as you might think.
If you created your Google Account while living as an expat in a foreign land and you can’t understand a thing, or you’re trying to immerse yourself in a new language in a bid to aid the learning process, keep reading. In this brief article, we explain how to change the language in Google.
How to Change Language in Google
To change the language in Google, you just need to follow the step-by-step instructions below:
- Navigate to myaccount.google.com.
- Enter your Google Account credentials and click Sign In.
- On the Google Account home screen, select Account Preferences.
- In the panel on the left-hand side of the screen, scroll down to Language and Input Tools and click on the link.
- Click on Language.
- Firstly, set your Default Language. Click on the pencil icon to see the available options, then highlight a language and choose Select to make your choice.
- Next, set up Other languages that you understand. If some content is naturally in that language, Google will not convert it to your Default Language.
- You can add multiple extra languages by clicking Add Another Language.
All Google’s services should now be shown in the newly selected language. You might need to log out of Google then log back in for the changes to take effect.
Changing the language on Google is a good way to learn another language naturally. For more tips, see our suggestions for how to have fun with immersive language learning.
Image Credit: Pe3k via Shutterstock