There’s no one-size-fits-all way to change your online profile pictures. Some tools, such as Gravatar, work on several sites, but they don’t feed into Facebook, Twitter, or Google.
In this brief article, we’re going to focus on how to change your Google profile picture. Even if you don’t use Google Plus, it’s still important to get right because this is the profile image that’ll be visible on Gmail, Google Calendar, and any other Google service on which you interact with other users.
How to Change Your Google Profile Picture
To change your profile picture on Google, follow the step-by-step instructions below. You’ll have a fresh photo in no time:
- Navigate to myaccount.google.com.
- Enter your Google Account credentials and click Sign In.
- On the Google Account home screen, locate your existing profile picture (or the default image) at the top of the page. It’s not easy to spot. You’re looking for a small picture inside a blue shield. A new window will pop up.
- Select the Upload photos tab at the top of the new window.
- Either drag a photo into the window or click on Select a photo from your computer.
- When the upload is complete, click on Set as profile photo in the lower right-hand corner.
The photo will be now available across all Google’s apps. You can edit its visibility to others on an app-by-app basis.
Have you successfully changed your Google profile photo? You can share your story in the comments below.
Explore more about: Google.