Do you use Edge to browse the web? Honestly, it’s a much better browser than former Internet Explorer haters want to admit.
However, if you use Edge, one thing you might not like is that it uses Bing. (Though like Edge, Bing really does offer some good stuff.) So, how do you change the default search engine? Here’s what you need to know:
- Go to the search engine you want to make the default and search for something (unless you’ve used it before, then you can skip this step).
- Click the three-dot menu button.
- Click Settings on the bottom of the menu that pops out.
- Click View Advanced Settings.
- About halfway down the page, you’ll see an option labeled Change search engine. Click on that.
- Click on the site you want to use as the default search engine.
That’s it! Now you can use whatever search engine you want in Edge.
Do you use Edge as your primary browser? What’s your favorite feature of it! Let us know!
Image Credit: Minerva Studio via Shutterstock