Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the lights on at MakeUseOf. Read more.
There are web applications that let you create photo albums (Piacasa, Jalbum), and then there are applications that allow you to create videos and animations (Animoto, e.t.c.). However, sometimes you want something in between those, thats where Capzles come in.
Capzles allows you to create a timeline from captured moments of your life such as photos, videos and various other features like music and background. It doesn’t animate your photos or make a slideshow out of them. Rather, capzles treat every photo as a moment and combine the moments to create a timeline. While viewing a timeline you can click on each moment to see more details like time and date, location and any comments associated with it..
Creating a timeline is very simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- 1.Sign up at the site and click on “Create ” to create a new capzle.
- 2.Add a title for your capzle and specify tags and categories if you want to allow people to search for your capzle.
- Step 3. Upload photos from your computer.
- Step 4. Chose a theme for your capzle. You can pick one of the many themes they offer or design your own from scratch.
- Step 5. Upload music for your capzle.
- Step 6. Set your privacy options (Public vs. Private).
- Your capzle is ready. You can view it, email it to your friends or share it on social networks like facebook, myspace e.t.c.
I think it is a very good tool since it allows you to capture your moments just like they happened. The fact that every moment can be individualized with tags, comments, location e.t.c. makes it even more useful for events like weddings and vacation trips.