Maybe you don’t bother with the free games or play online anymore. If you decide that you’re done with Xbox Live, it’s easy enough to cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel Your Xbox Live Subscription
- Visit the Xbox website and click Sign in in the top-right corner. Sign into your Microsoft account.
- You’ll see your profile picture in the top-right corner of the page. Click it and select the Subscriptions entry.
- On the Services & subscriptions page, you’ll see your Xbox Live subscription including its expiration date. Click Payment & billing.
- To the right of your payment method, click Turn off auto-renew. You’ll see a prompt to confirm once you do this.
- Once completed, your Xbox Live subscription will not auto-renew on its expiration date. You’ll still have the benefits of Gold until then.
- You can click Cancel to end your subscription immediately, but it doesn’t cost you anything more to use it until it expires. Thus, turning off auto-renew is the best idea.
Note that if you purchased an Xbox Live subscription within the last 30 days, you’ll see an End now and get a refund option. You can use this to get your money back if you’re not satisfied.
If you have a subscription through a prepaid card, it will automatically end on the expiration date. You’ll have to add another payment method or buy another card to continue your subscription.
Remember that if you cancel Xbox Live, all the Xbox One Games with Gold that you’ve added to your library will become inaccessible until you re-subscribe. The Xbox 360 games are yours to keep, however.
Are you an Xbox Live Gold subscriber? Do you think the service is worth the cost or will you cancel your subscription? Tell us in the comments!