Amazon Prime has so many awesome benefits. If you’re in the United States, you get free shipping, access to Prime Video and Prime Music, free ebooks to read, exclusive deals, and so much more.
But the service isn’t right for everyone. A monthly Amazon Prime membership sets you back $12.99, while an annual Amazon Prime subscription costs $119. If you don’t buy much and don’t take advantage of everything it offers, you might be better off canceling Amazon Prime altogether.
Keep reading, and we’ll explain how to cancel Amazon Prime. (If you still want to watch stuff on Amazon Prime, you can always subscribe to Prime Video only for $8.99/mo.)
How to Cancel Your Amazon Prime Membership
The Amazon Prime cancellation process is relatively painless, but you need to know where to look. Understandably, Amazon doesn’t splash cancellation buttons all over its website. To cancel your Amazon Prime subscription:
- Head to Amazon.com and log into your account.
- Locate the Hello [Name] button in the upper right-hand corner and click on it.
- Using the menu, click on Your Prime Membership in the Your Account section.
- On the next page, find the End Membership and Benefits link at the bottom of the left-hand panel.
- Amazon will offer you three choices. You need to select Continue to Cancel.
- Finally, you need to decide whether you want to cancel now (and receive a pro-rata refund for any unused time) or cancel at the end of the current billing cycle (and not receive any refund).
If you choose to cancel immediately, Amazon will typically process any refund owed in three to five business days.
Whichever method you choose, you will receive an on-screen message and an email which confirm your cancelation. If you change your mind later, you can re-join Amazon Prime at any time.
Remember, if you cancel Amazon Prime, you won’t be able to enjoy the fantastic deals in the next Amazon Prime Day. They are exclusively available to Amazon Prime members.