Learning how to use an SLR camera will take a lot of time, and you cannot simply bring your bulky camera all the time to play with its settings. If you want to learn or teach how to use an SLR camera, even without an actual camera, check out CameraSim, an online camera simulator. This web app lets you experiment with different SLR settings and take a picture with it, so that you’ll find out what each setting can do to a photo.
In CameraSim, you get to take a picture of a particular playground scene wherein you can change its settings, which will determine how the picture will look like upon pressing the shutter button. You can adjust the lighting, the distance of the subject, and the focal length. As for the SLR simulation, you may select between shutter priority, aperture priority, and manual shooting mode. In addition, you may also adjust the ISO, aperture (in manual and aperture priority shooting mode), and shutter speed (in manual and shutter priority shooting mode.)
CameraSim is a great and useful sandbox tool for aspiring photographers as well as for those who would like to teach the basics of SLR photography to others without requiring an actual camera.
- Online SLR camera simulator.
- Change the scene settings (lighting, distance, focal length).
- Select among shooting modes (manual, aperture priority, shutter priority).
- Adjust the ISO, aperture, shutter speed.
- Take a photo of the scene using the settings that you have chosen.
- Related Read: Three Useful Free Photography Apps For The iPad.
Check out CameraSim @ www.camerasim.com/camera-simulator.html
Explore more about: Photography.