If you want to find out how good is your 401(k) plan, BrightScope can help. It is a website that makes evaluating 401k plans easier. Just enter a name of the company you work for and BrightScope will show you its plan ratings along with the data it used to develop that report.
The rating takes into account more than 200 factors such as total plan cost, company generosity, investment menu quality… etc. You can also see how plans of other companies in the industry match up, who is managing the plan, the average account balance, service providers and top investment holdings.
All presented data is aggregated from variety of sources such as government agencies, plan prospectuses and donor companies. The site provides a clean interface to view all the data. You can also contribute your own findings and leave comments on any company profile.
- Understand, compare and evaluate your 401k plan.
- Search for evaluation reports by company name.
- Rating takes into account more than 200 various factors.
- The data is aggregated from reliable sources (government agencies, plan prospectuses and donor companies).
- The report is nicely presented on clean and easy to understand interface.
- Contribute your own findings and leave comments on any company profile.
- Free to use, sign up is needed for some features.
Check out BrightScope @ www.brightscope.com