Bitdefender Sphere: Total Protection For All Your Devices [+Netbook Giveaway]
Bitdefender Sphere 2013 is total protection for all the devices in your household. Instead of purchasing a different security product for Windows, Mac, and Android – and managing individual licenses – you can buy Bitdefender Sphere 2013 for $99.95 and install the included products on an unlimited number of devices.
Bitdefender Sphere 2013 also includes a MyBitdefender account. MyBitdefender is an online dashboard where you can remotely manage your devices, track them with anti-theft features, securely store files, and use parental controls to keep track of your kids’ online activities.
This week we’re giving away 25 one-year subscriptions of Bitdefender Sphere, worth a total of $2500! Plus, we’ve also got a $300 ASUS netboook up for grabs! Read on to find out more.
Windows & Mac Security
Bitdefender Sphere 2013 includes Bitdefender Total Security 2013 for Windows PCs and Bitdefender Antivirus for Macs. Bitdefender Total Security 2013 offers everything you’d expect from a security product – and more. If you don’t want to worry about the individual features, you don’t have to – the Autopilot option is on by default and it will select the best settings for you.
Bitdefender Total Security 2013 includes:
- Antivirus: The virus and malware scanner runs in the background and also lets you perform manual scans – the manual scans are configurable and you can even check for vulnerabilities on your system that should be patched.
- Antispam: In case you still use a desktop email client, Bitdefender includes a configurable antispam filter.
- Anti-Theft: Like Bitdefender Mobile Security, Bitdefender Total Security includes an anti-theft feature – if your laptop is stolen or lost, you can log into your account on the MyBitdefender website, locate, and remotely lock or wipe your computer.
- Firewall: The firewall blocks incoming connections by default, but it’s also very configurable – you can block certain programs from accessing the Internet or allow them through the firewall.
- File Encryption: Bitdefender can create encrypted vaults that appear as drive letters on your system. Files you add to the vault will be encrypted with the password you provide – you can lock vaults, unlock them, or create new ones at any time.
- Tune Up: The tune-up wizard scans your system for unnecessary files that take up space and deletes them, defragments your hard disk, and finds duplicate files on your system.
- Safebox: Safebox gives you 2GB of free space on Bitdefender’s servers. Use this space to back up your important files and synchronize them between your computers.
- Safepay: Safepay is a hardened browser that Bitdefender automatically opens when it detects you’re on an online-banking site – this browser is locked down for security and is ideal for doing your online banking or entering other sensitive information, such as credit card numbers, on websites.
This is the same Bitdefender Total Security that we recently gave away – if you’d like a more in-depth look at Bitdefender Total Security 2013, check out our Bitdefender Total Security 2013 review .
Bitdefender Sphere also includes Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus for Android smartphones and tablets. Bitdefender Mobile Security includes a variety of features:
- Malware Scanner: Bitdefender’s Malware Scanner can perform on-demand scanning of the apps on your device. It also scans apps when they install, preventing potentially malicious apps from running on your system. Bitdefender’s cloud-based scanning technology generates fingerprints of the apps on your device and compares them to known-bad applications on Bitdefender’s servers – no intensive scanning is performed on your device, so it doesn’t consume much battery power.
- Application Audit: Application Audit shows you which apps on your device has permissions they could potentially abuse. For example, you can see which apps have permission to send premium-rate SMS messages that could cost you money, or which apps have permission to snoop on your contacts.
- Web Security: Web Security is a phishing and malware filter for Android’s default browser. With Web Security, each web address you load in the default browser is sent to Bitdefender’s servers – if you try to visit a known phishing site, Bitdefender’s servers will tell you and stop you. Like all features, this feature can be disabled if you’d rather not use it.
- Anti-Theft: The Anti-Theft feature provides remote geolocation of your device and allows you to remotely lock and wipe it in case of theft or loss. You can access these features from the MyBitdefender website – you’ll need Bitdefender Mobile Security installed on your Android smartphone or tablet to take advantage of them.
MyBitdefender is a web-based security dashboard that bring together all the devices you use Bitdefender Sphere with in one place.
MyBitdefender’s features include:
- Safebox: Here you can access the files you’ve added to your Safebox, share them with others, and view a history of changes – you can also revert stored files to previous versions.
- Anti-Theft: The anti-theft control panel shows all the devices you’ve installed Bitdefender products on and allows you to view their locations on a map, remotely lock them, and remotely wipe them. You can also run on an alarm on a device – ideal If you’ve misplaced your smartphone somewhere nearby.
- Facebook and Twitter Protection: The Safego feature helps protect you on Facebook and Twitter by detecting malicious links, spam, phishing, and fake profiles.
- Parental Control: The parental control features allow you to monitor the applications your kids use, view the things they do online (including their Facebook activity), and inspect data from their Android smartphones – for example, their location history.
Bitdefender offers a free trial version of Bitdefender Sphere – just open the Bitdefender Sphere page and click the “Try it FREE” link in the sidebar. The trial gives you 30 days of Bitdefender Sphere and its associated applications.
Want more than 30 days of Bitdefender Sphere2013 ? You’re in luck – this week we’re giving away 25 one-year subscriptions of Bitdefender Sphere 2013 worth a total of $2500!
Lastly, we’re also giving away an ASUS 1025C-MU17-WT 10.1-Inch EeePC Netbook valued at $300!
This beauty is fitted with:
- Intel atom n2600 1.6GHz Processor
- 1 GB DDR3 DIMM memory
- 320 GB 5400 RPM hard drive
- 10.1-Inch ScreenIntel UMA WSVGA (1024 x 600)
- 802.11BGN wireless adapter
- 0.3MP front-facing web-camera
- HDMI Port
- 3GB Internet Website Storage
- Windows 7 Starter
- 1 year global warranty
So, would you like to win it? Everything you need to be in the running is right below!
How do I win a copy of Bitdefender Sphere 2013?
Step 1: Fill in the giveaway form
Please fill in the form with your real name and email address so that we can get in touch if you are chosen as a winner.
Step 2: Share!
You’re almost done. Now, all that’s left to do is to share the post! (Note: No points will be awarded.)
How do I win the ASUS netbook?
Tweet to enter the competition. Each tweet constitutes a single entry. You may submit multiple entries but the tweets must be unique (cannot be identical). Each tweet must contain a mention to @bitdefender and @makeuseof. Competition open to participants in the United States, United Kingdom, India, Canada and Australia only. (Note: No points will be awarded.)
By participating in this giveaway, you agree to the giveaway rules.
This giveaway begins now and ends Friday, August 17th. The winners will be selected at random and informed via email.
Spread the word to your friends and have fun!
Interested in sponsoring a giveaway? We’d love to hear from you.