Opening up your web browser each time you want to read your Twitter stream can be a bit inconvenient. You need a tool that shows you when it would be best to check out your Twitter stream in your browser. If you are a Mac user, then that tool for you is Bird Bell.
Bird Bell is a free to use desktop app for Mac computers. Sized at 0.8 MB, the app works for Mac OS X 10.6 or later. After you install this nifty little application, you are able to view notifications for your Twitter account from your Mac menu. Not only can you read items in your stream but you are also sent Growl notifications each time your tweets are favorited or retweeted. You also get notifications for when people follow or unfollow you or add you to a list.
- A user-friendly desktop app.
- Compatible with Mac computers.
- Notifies you of important Twitter account events.
- Get notifications on your Mac menu.
- Similar tools: TwitterToRSS, Followas, Smartr and TweetTeleVision.
Check out Bird Bell @ itunes.apple.com/pk/app/bird-bell/id441687143?mt=12