Have you ever wanted to buy multiple outfits, but haven’t had the time, money, or excuse to do so? Do you remember playing dress-up as a child, trying on lots of different outfits?
Then you might be interested to know that there is an entire category of mobile fashion games that let you try on new clothing. Albeit virtually. So we have rounded up a list of the best fashion games on Android and iOS, all of which are available for free.
NB: There are a lot of games available in this genre, but we’ve picked the ones that maximize immersive gameplay and customizable fashion choices.
1. Covet Fashion
Are you looking for a basic dress-up game that acts as a really great introduction to the genre? Then you need to try out Covet Fashion, a popular fashion game on Android and iOS.
Free-to-play with in-app purchases, this trendy, Barbie Doll-esque app focuses on the glitziest, most glamorous fashion currently available on the market, with looks from real-life designers and brands. Covet fashion is split into levels, with each level offering a series of challenges where you style your “doll” for a particular event.
Other things to note:
- Successful styles earn you money, diamonds, tickets, and clothing-related prizes. You can then use these items to dress up your doll for the next fashion challenge.
- Every time you finish dressing up your character for a challenge, and you click “I’M READY,” your look goes before a panel of other users who vote on it.
- You can gain more coins by acting as a judge for other people, too.
Overall, Covet Fashion is a great introduction to online dress-up games. It’s also very easy to play, with countless new looks to try.
2. Fashion Fantasy
This is a game that, while fun, does have some more “interesting” musical choices. Basically, if you love country music, and you’re looking for a narrative game with lots of pretty dresses, then this is the fashion app for you.
Free-to-play with in-app purchases, Fashion Fantasy takes the “fantasy” idea and runs with it.
- Many hundreds of years ago, a war for the “fashion crown” wrecked havoc on a mystical land.
- The crown came with a curse that could only be broken by the power of “true beauty” and its ability to conquer evil.
- In the current era, this war for the crown has been forgotten. You play a rich girl named Lizzy, living in a palatial mansion. You’re also doted on by your big brother, Lucas, who looks to you as a “fashion muse.”
Through a series of tasks—starting with dressing up for your brother’s big homecoming bash—you must help your character climb the fashion ranks to travel the world, try out new clothes, and potentially receive the best-dressed crown. You do this by collecting gems and coins through competing in fashion contests.
Overall, if you’re looking for an app that places its story on the same level of importance as the fashion, then this is a good game to check out.
3. Love Nikki – Dress UP Queen
Are you a fan of anime? Do you want to dress up in alternative fashion? Love Nikki – Dress UP Queen is for anyone who wants to look like they stepped out of an animated show.
As a narrative mobile app, Love Nikki makes it known right from the get-go that this dress-up game comes with a very complicated backstory. You’re also going to have to sit through a cut scene for that backstory right away.
- In this make-believe world, you play Nikki, a young woman blessed with a superior fashion sense.
- To win the game, you must work your way across seven countries to try out different clothes from different stylists, earning points through successive fashion styling tasks.
- Like the other games on this list, by winning these contests you gain diamonds, gold, and experience. This helps you buy new clothes to progress.
Love Nikki adores its pinks, pastels, and hyper-girly aesthetic. However, its inclusion of a fantasy backstory and its attention to detail makes it stand out from the crowd. We recommend checking it out if you like your mobile apps with an anime aesthetic.
If you’re interested in other anime-related recommendations, check out the best anime sites on the web .
4. Super Stylist
Super Stylist is one of the best dress-up games on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, as it really takes this genre of gameplay to the next level. Despite its somewhat generic graphics, we were really engaged with the game itself.
In Super Stylist, you play a young woman who wants to start her own styling shop. Through designing outfits for clients, battling other users, and acquiring new items, you can build your way up to the top of the fashion tier.
Perks of this game that deserve a mention:
- When you start the game, you get to design your stylist’s looks from head to toe.
- The way the game is designed makes it clear that the creators are well-versed in current online culture and fashion trends. You’re even allowed to post your character’s looks to a fake “social site” within the game. On this social site, other people can like the outfit.
- Super Stylist has a leaderboard that will show you how you rank against other players in the game.
- Your in-game currency comes from cash and gems, which you can acquire by either watching ads or by winning challenges. You can then invest some of this money back into your business.
Overall, while Super Stylist has a few too many ads for our comfort, they’re not so annoying that we wouldn’t recommend this app. The game is very fun, very customizable, and very immersive, with a focus on current trends.
Play Dress-Up With These Fashion Games
Looking good doesn’t have to be expensive, so long as you have one of these fashion games installed on your smartphone.
And if you consider yourself a fashionista, you should check out YouTube’s fashion section for videos covering the latest fashion, style, and beauty trends.
Affiliate Disclosure: By buying the products we recommend, you help keep the site alive. Read more.