The Best Candy Crush Friends Saga Cheats and Tips
Candy Crush Friends Saga is the latest puzzle game in the Candy Crush series from King. It’s addictive, it’s free, and it’s more fun and challenging than any match-three game you’ve played. And you’re likely to find it more fun with these Candy Crush Friends Saga cheats.
Friends Saga is the fourth game in the series, after the original Candy Crush Saga, Candy Crush Soda Saga, and Candy Crush Jelly Saga. You don’t need to have played any of those to enjoy this new game. In any case, we have your back with Candy Crush Friends Saga cheats, tips, and tricks to guide you through the levels.
How Does Candy Crush Friends Saga Differ From the Original Candy Crush?
The basics of Candy Crush Friends Saga are the same as its predecessors, where you match three candies of the same color to burst them. You have limited moves, and some boosters to help.
Do it smartly to achieve the level’s objective, while unlocking special candies and causing chain explosions. In fact, you can use most of the best Candy Crush Saga cheats and tips in Friends Saga too.
But there are three major new features in Candy Crush Friends Saga that sets it apart from the original.
- Friends: By playing the game, you will unlock new “Friends” to help you in each level. Each friend has different powers that can assist in solving the levels.
- New Moves and Special Candies: It’s not just about striped, wrapped, and color bomb candies any more. You can create a square, and match six or more colors to unlock new special candies.
- New Types of Levels: Friends Saga has new types of missions, multi-screen scrolling puzzles, and gravity-changing levels where candies fall upwards.
Types of Friends in Candy Crush Friends Saga
At the start of any level, you can choose between three different Friends. Friends are unlocked by collecting their stickers as you pass levels.
Each Friend is assigned a favorite candy, and has its own powers. Powers are activated by filling up the Friend’s meter by collecting his favorite candy on the board.
Choosing the right friend for the right mission is vital in solving levels. In fact, you should ignore all other Candy Crush Friends Saga cheats and remember this golden rule first. Don’t always go by the Recommended Friend. You need to be judicious and select someone that best suits your playing style and the level’s objective.
These are all the Friends you can unlock:
- Tiffi: Collect 10 red candies and Tiffi will turn three random red candies into red Fish Candies.
- Yeti: Collect 12 cyan candies and Yeti will turn one random cyan candy into a cyan Wrapped Candy.
- Nutcracker: Collect 10 blue candies and Nutcracker will break five blockers in a line.
- Odus: Collect 8 purple candies and Odus will turn two random purple candies into purple Striped Candies.
- Red Rabbit: Collect 10 red candies and Red Rabbit will do extra damage to mint blockers.
- Misty: Collect 10 orange candies and Misty will turn two random orange candies into any type of special candy.
- Dachs: Collect 10 green candies and Dachs will remove three vertical blockers.
- Olivia: Collect 10 purple candies and Olivia will hit four random gummy squares.
These are all the special candies you can earn in Candy Crush Friends Saga.
- How to earn it: Match four candies in a horizontal line to get a striped candy with vertical stripes. Match four candies in a vertical line to get a striped candy with horizontal stripes.
- What it does: Destroys all jelly and chocolate in the line that the stripes point in.
- How to earn it: Match four candies in an L or T shape.
- What it does: Destroys all eight pieces surrounding it.
- How to earn it: Match four candies in a square shape.
- What it does: Fish flies to break random candy or blocker that meets your objective.
Color Bomb Candy
- How to earn it: Match five candies in a straight line.
- What it does: Destroys all candies of one color.
- How to earn it: Match six candies, with five in a straight line and one adjoining.
- What it does: The Coloring Candy has a color already. You can add turn all candies of a certain type into the Coloring Candy’s color, by switching the Coloring Candy with an adjoining candy.
All the special candies can be switched with another special candy for a combo move. Combo moves are the most powerful moves you can play in Candy Crush Friends Saga, so plan the board to target combos.
Tip 1: Don’t Blindly Use Recommended Friends
At the start of each level, you have to choose between three Friends. The game also recommends one Friend. Don’t always listen to the game, it’s quite likely to get it wrong.
At least for your first try in each level, choose the most powerful Friend based on your playing style. I find Yeti and Misty to be much more powerful across different types of levels, and thus more likely to complete a level without knowing what it is.
There are some Friends that are better for certain types of levels. For example, in “Fill The Empty Hearts” levels, you will need more Fish candies, so pick Tiffi as the Friend. As you play the game, observe which Friend more often helps you solve certain types of levels, and start choosing them. This single tip is more important than any of the other Candy Crush Friends Saga cheats and tricks.
Tip 2: Check Discussion Boards
If you’re a regular player, head to the Candy Crush Friends Saga discussion boards. It’s a goldmine of tips and tricks, solutions for difficult levels, and even a chance to earn goodies.
The makers of the game sometimes start small online contests or events where you have the chance to earn extras, goodies, and even gold bars.
Additionally, the community is full of helpful Friends Saga addicts who can help you strategize how to pass a certain level, or you can add each other as friends and trade lives.
Tip 3: Lose a Life Before Using Extras
There are two major extras in Friends Saga: lollipop candy boosters, and gold bars. In a sense, these are official Candy Crush Friends Saga cheats to pass a level that you find difficult. There are three types of lollipop candies. One bursts a single candy, another acts like a wrapped candy, and the third acts like a striped candy.
Gold bars are also limited. At the end of any level, you can spend 10 gold bars to gain five more moves. And it’s difficult to earn these bars and boosters, both of which are limited.
It’s tempting to use boosters when you miss finishing a level by a move or two, but wait. If you came that close, chances are that you will pass the level if you try a few more times. Lives replenish after a while, but boosters don’t. So it’s okay to lose lives and retry, but be stingy with your boosters.
Tip 4: Use Extras on Bubblegum Levels
Once in a while, you will come across special Bubblegum levels. These bonus levels unpack a whole load of goodies if you pass them. But you only get one try per level.
It’s a good strategy to use the extra lollipop candies and other tricks on these levels, as a successful completion always gains one or two lollipops. But more than that, you will unpack timed boosters like 30 minutes of full meters at the start of a level, or bursting a Fish candy with every Friend activation.
The minute you get these boosters, you will find it easier to finish the next few levels. Therefore you’ll recover those extras you spent in no time, while progressing in the game.
Tip 5: Cheat to Gain Lives Without Waiting
If you’re frustrated with waiting while your lives recharge, we have the best Candy Crush Friends Saga cheat for you. You don’t need to beg any friends for lives either.
- Close the Candy Crush Friends Saga app on your phone.
- Go to your phone’s Settings, find the Date and Time menu, change it from automatic to manual, and set it to three hours later.
- Start Candy Crush Friends Saga, and you will see that you have five lives again. Start a level, and then switch back to Settings.
- Go back to the Date and Time menu and change it from manual to automatic so the phone is back to reality.
I wouldn’t advise doing this often, but once in a while, it should help. If you’re doing it too often, you might want to check your addiction to this game and take a time-out instead.
Other Addictive Games to Play on Your Smartphone
With its quick levels, challenging puzzles, and simple but lovable gameplay, Candy Crush Friends Saga is one of the most addictive games you’ll play. The game’s developers promise that they will be adding new levels periodically, as well as quests and campaigns like the Bubblegum levels to keep things interesting.
Hopefully, these Candy Crush Friends Saga cheats, tips, and hints should make it more enjoyable for you. If you like this game, you should also try other addictive mobile games to play for 5 minutes at a time . After all, you need something to do while you wait for lives to recharge in Candy Crush Friends Saga.