By default, Dropbox does not allow users to use FTP programs to transfer files back and forth from Dropbox to FTP and vice versa. This is exactly where Backup Box comes into action.
Backup Box is an online tool that allows users to connect tools like FTP and Dropbox together and transfer files from FTP to Dropbox and vice versa.
The service just requires the users to give them permission to their Dropbox and FTP accounts and files can be transferred from one place to another without breaking a sweat. The website has a simple interface, which makes it easy for the users to make the transferring of files easier. On the side, your Dropbox and FTP accounts are displayed with their directories. The complete folder or the contents of a folder can be transferred back and forth.
Just click the “Review” button once you have finalized everything to transfer the files from one place to another.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Transferring files back and forth between the FTP account and Dropbox account.
- Automate Backup to backup periodically over time – month, weeks, or daily.
- Services such as GitHub, MySQL, Flickr and Amazon S3 to be added very soon.
- Similar tools: Syncly, DataLocker and Safebox.
- Also read related article: How To Encrypt Your Dropbox Data With ENCFS [Linux] .
Check out Backup Box @ www.mybackupbox.com