It’s an election year in the United States, with the 2020 US presidential election due to be held on November 3, 2020. A lot needs to happen between now and then, but how are you going to keep up with all of the latest news? Amazon thinks Alexa has the answer(s)…
Alexa Knows Everything About the 2020 US Elections
In a post on Day One, Amazon details all of the ways you can stay up-to-date on the 2020 US presidential election with Alexa. The company claims that “Alexa has already answered millions of questions on politics since the beginning of the year.”
This is all thanks to “a knowledge graph that utilizes powerful AI and machine learning to encode billions of facts in real time.” Which means that Alexa has “a deep knowledge of election-related information” that you, the voters, can make use of.
— Amazon News (@amazonnews) March 2, 2020
Alexa can “share the latest polls, tell you about candidate positions, recap debates, and much more.” With “sources such as the Associated Press, Ballotpedia, RealClearPolitics and Factba.se” all helping to keep Alexa—and subsequently, you—informed.
10 Things to Ask Alexa About the 2020 US Elections
There are a wide range of questions you can ask Alexa about the 2020 US presidential election. And with queries related to the debates, candidates, endorsements, and registering to vote, you don’t even have to wait until polling day to get involved:
- “Alexa, when is the next debate?”
- “Alexa, what happened in the last debate?”
- “Alexa, where does [candidate] stand on [education/healthcare/etc.]?”
- “Alexa, who endorses [candidate]?”
- “Alexa, how many delegates does [candidate] have?”
- “Alexa, who can I vote for in [state]?”
- “Alexa, how can I register to vote?”
- “Alexa, when are the polls open?”
- “Alexa, who won in [state?]”
- “Alexa, what are the election results today?”
While asking Alexa for the latest news on the election is serious, Amazon’s virtual assistant does claim to have a sense of humor. To test her skills in that department, here are the funniest questions you can ask Alexa . Unless you know of anything funnier.
Image Credit: Gage Skidmore/Flickr